Our members have found these links useful and we want to share them with you. NOTA is not responsible for the content found on these sites.
Advice for New Translators
ATA Chapters and Groups
- AAIT - Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators. Contact with professional translators and interpreters in a number of language combinations, providing translation and interpretation services in many major languages and fields - from aeronautics to zoology.
- AATIA - Austin Area Translators and Interpreters Association. Representing translators and interpreters who live and work in Central Texas and surrounding area.
- CATI - Carolina Association of Translators and Interpreters. Serving Translators in North and South Carolina.
- CTA - Colorado Translators Association. A cooperating regional group with members in over 25 different languages, in specialty areas like computers, telecommunications, law, medicine, finance, automotive, mining and more.
- HITA - Houston Interpreters and Translators. For individuals, businesses and institutions sharing experiences, promoting interest of translators and interpreters in the Houston area.
- MATI- Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters. Serves translators and interpreters in the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- MiTiN - Michigan Translators and Interpreters Network. Located in Detroit, center of the automotive industry and Midwest manufacturing belt.
- NYCT - New York Circle of Translators. More than 400 members who are translators and interpreters as well as companies and organizational members.
- NCATA - National Capital Area Chapter of ATA. Featuring a searchable directory of translation, interpretation, and other language services offered by our members.
- NCTA - Northern California Translators Association. Professional association of translators and interpreters.
- NOTIS - Northwest Translators and Interpreters Society. Promoting exchange of ideas and information for the translation and interpretation community and users of translations and interpretation services.
Glossaries & Dictionaries
Support for Translators
- Translators Home Companion. Offers many links to jobs, translation companies and services, glossaries, products, and online newsletters.
- Déjà Vu (www.atril.com). Is a powerful and customizable CAT system. It is not just a TM tool. It is a full-featured, integrated translation environment with many additional translation and project management features that radically increase productivity and consistency.
- SDL*Trados. Delivers scalable workflow solution, terminology and TM solutions for language service professionals, freelance translators, and agencies.
- ProZ. Is the web's leading center for terminology help, translation agencies, freelance translators, translation jobs and translation oriented forums.
- Acronym Finder
- ISO Language Codes
- Tips for Translators. Contains scads of information on the translation industry.
- Translator's Tool Box. Is a popular session at the ATA conferences. Learn how to use the software tools you'll need to save time and make money.
- Foreign Language Newspapers provided by MIT. Links to publications in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Dieter Wiggert's List of Links. Dieter, a lecturer at the University of Salamanca, Spain, offers many links to translation companies, chapters and training as well as dictionaries, glossaries, databases, magazines and much more.
- WebBudget. A handy, efficient tool to help freelance translators, project managers, authors and other professionals to budget/invoice Web projects.
See also Tips for Clients for additional help.