Thank you for your interest in NOTA. Membership is open to anyone (company or individual) working in the translation or interpretation industry. Our membership year runs from September 1st to August 31st. Dues are payable at the beginning of September.
There are various benefits associated with becoming a NOTA member:
- You will receive periodic announcements via email from our Executive Committee regarding upcoming events. Your email address will not be passed out to third parties.
- Our free newsletter, NOTA Bene, is published 4 times a year and contains news and articles.
- NOTA has a Forum section on its website regarding translation and interpreting issues. Only members can contribute to it.
- NOTA regularly holds workshops for professional development. Our close relationship with Kent State University's Institute for Applied Linguistics, one of America's leading university-based translator training programs, allows us to offer our members access to the finest translation resources and seminars in the country.
- NOTA sponsors an ATA certification exam each year for our members as well as other translators in our region who are interested in demonstrating their translation competence. The ATA certification examination is generally held in May at Kent State University.
New members joining NOTA after March 1st in a calendar year will only have to renew the following year (and not by September 1st of said year, like all other members).
Please note that Student Memberships and Regular Membership fall under the "Individual Membership" category in our bylaws.
To begin, chose a membership level and select Next: